Monday, September 28, 2009

My Wallpaper: Halo: Combat Evolved


This is the current wallpaper I'm using on my Powerbook. It's a very early shot that I remember seeing in the Official Xbox Magazine when they first reviewed Halo: Combat Evolved. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe they gave it a 9.7. The level featured in this screenshot is Assault on the Control Room, my favorite level in any Halo game. I didn't create the wallpaper, but I thought this post would be a fitting look back at the original Halo, especially since ODST just recently hit shelves (see my review below). The original Halo is a game that can never be truly emulated, even by its own sequels. It's a standalone classic with a deep mythology, a loyal fanbase, and, most importantly of all, a lot of fun to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment