Saturday, October 16, 2010

Casting 'Uncharted'


Video games don't make good movies. That's why I hated the idea of a film adaptation of Naughty Dog's wonderful Playstation 3-exclusive "Uncharted" series. My hopes were raised slightly when Three Kings director David O. Russell was hired to write and direct the movie. That gave it some credibility.

Of course, the big question is who to cast as leading man Nathan Drake. I thought it might be a tough choice, until I watched G4's "Attack of the Show" the other day. "AOTS" reported that "Firefly" and "Castle" star Nathan Fillion was campaigning for the role via his Twitter page.

As a fan of both the "Firefly" series and the "Uncharted" games, I can say with a great deal of certainty that Fillion is the perfect man for the job. In fact, I'll be pissed if they cast anybody else. Campaign it up, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment