Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Night Batman Update!


Yesterday was a big day for Batman fans. Director Christopher Nolan announced in an exclusive interview with Hero Complex's Geoff Boucher the official title of his third and final Batman film: The Dark Knight Rises. I'm still not sure what I think of that title, but I know I'll come to accept it eventually.

Nolan also revealed that the Riddler would not be the villain. This makes me very happy; the Riddler is a little too similar to the Joker, in my opinion. Also, it's nice to know that people will shut up with the Riddler rumors (two days after The Dark Knight's release: "Hey Brent, Johnny Depp/Eddie Murphy is playing the Riddler in Batman 3. I read it somewhere. No, it's true. I read it.).

“We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said in the interview. Who knows what that means. Maybe the Scarecrow/Crane will return? Talia al Ghul? Hush? Hugo Strange? Catwoman? I'm personally hoping for Hush, but I'd be fine with anyone Nolan chooses. He seems to be kinda good at this.

Nolan also said he would not shoot the film in 3D, but will use IMAX cameras again. Words cannot express how much I applaud this move. 3D is gimmicky and it gives theaters an excuse to jack up their ticket prices. IMAX is more expensive to watch, sure, but I thought seeing The Dark Knight in IMAX was a far cooler experience than any 3D movie.

In some casting news, Deadline recently reported that Inception's scene-stealing Tom Hardy would play a role in the new Batman film. I'm betting on a villain, but it's hard to tell at this point. The current rumor is he'll play Harvey Bullock, a Gotham City cop from the comics. Either way, Hardy is an amazing actor, and will no doubt be a valuable asset to the cast of The Dark Knight Rises.

To round out the Batman stuff, surf on over to Threadless. They've reprinted one of my favorite tee designs, and it's on sale for just $10 plus shipping through November 1st. "God Save the Villain!" by Enkel Dika is truly a jaw-dropping tee, one I'm sure Batman fans wouldn't mind wearing. It's the picture at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment